Date :11 May 2012 | Source :Office of the Minister for State Owned Enterprises
Hon Tony Ryall
Minister for State Owned Enterprises
11 May, 2012
New SOE board appointments announced
State Owned Enterprises Minister Tony Ryall today announced new appointments and reappointments across a number of SOEs.
“This is a group of highly capable new directors. I also wish to acknowledge the retirement of Landcorp Farming’s chair Hon Jim Sutton.”
“Mr Sutton has served as Chair of Landcorp Farming since August 2006 and made a significant impact on the company’s performance and management of a large asset base”.
Serving director and chartered accountant, Bill Baylis has taken over as Chair of Landcorp Farming and has served on the board since 2009. He is a director on the boards of Dunedin City Holdings Ltd, Helicopters NZ Ltd, Port of Tauranga Ltd and Carisbrook Stadium Trust. His other chair positions are with Blackhead Quarries Ltd, Dairy Holdings Ltd and Real Journeys Ltd. He has extensive governance experience, with previous chair experience on a number of private sector company boards such as Anderson Lloyd Lawyers and Australasian Food Holdings (Australia) Ltd’s subsidiaries including Huttons Kiwi Ltd, Tip Top NZ Ltd and Mainland Products Ltd. He is also the former chair of PGG Wrightson Ltd and United Electricity Ltd.
Mr Ryall confirmed that two deputy chairs will be retiring from their SOE boards in this appointment round: Serving NZ Post director, Murray Gribben, will become Deputy chair, and serving director, Raewyn Lovett, will become Deputy Chair of Quotable Value.
New directors on SOE boards are:
- Crown Fibre Holdings: Danelle Dinsdale (former Senior Equity Partner and Head of the IT & Telecoms team at DLA Piper UK)
- Electricity Corporation of New Zealand (residual): Jane Meares (Barrister with Clifton Chambers and formerly with Treasury and Partner of Bell Gully)
- Kordia: Tony Briscoe (former Managing Director of Telecom New Zealand International)
- Landcorp Farming: Chris Day (former CFO of AXA Insurance), Nikki Davies-Colley (cattle and sheep farmer and company director) and Pauline Lockett (chartered accountant and New Plymouth District Councillor)
- NZ Post: Carol Campbell (chartered accountant and business advisor, formerly a Partner of Ernst & Young) and Richard Leggat (former banker, and member of the Tourism NZ Board)
- Quotable Value: Kim Wallace (CFO of Westland Milk Products)
Mr Ryall thanked all retiring board members for their efforts and service.