- Collection of Information: Information collected through the Website may include personal information about you. The information collected by us may include personal information:
(a) collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of the Website including the content you access and any services you utilise; and
(b) provided to CIP by you through any other method (including without limitation correspondence and discussions).CIP may also collect aggregated information generated by its systems, which tracks traffic to the Website but does not relate to you personally.
- Consequences for failure to provide: Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain services not being available to you.
- Use of information: The personal information you provide may be used by CIP (and our employees, officers, agents, contractors and affiliates as defined below) for the following purposes:
(a) verification of your identity for use of the Website, to conduct address verification or credit checks for invoicing and billing purposes and to enrich your profile and search ability;
(b) to assist in providing better services to you by tailoring them to meet your needs;
(c) to provide you with further information about us or other websites;
(d) to keep the Website relevant and of interest to users;
(e) to show you information that is most relevant to you and your interests;
(f) analysis in aggregate form (identifiable characteristics removed so that you will remain anonymous); and
(g) any other purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure: In relation to personal information we:
(b) may disclose information about you, including your personal information, to our affiliates (which means any person or other entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us) for the purposes set out in section 3 above;
(c) may disclose information about you, including your personal information, to our contractors and suppliers to enable them to provide services and products to us in relation to the Website including hosting services and support services;
(d) reserve the right to disclose your personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law (including pursuant to the Official Information Act 1982), facilitate court proceedings or to protect our rights.Information collected through the Website that does not identify users is owned by us and may be disclosed by us.
- Data Storage and Security: Any personal information that you provide to us through the Website will be collected and held by us at Level 10, 188 Quay Street, Auckland Central. CIP will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions (including complying with generally accepted industry standards) to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of your personal information. However, no method is completely secure, and while we take all reasonable measures we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information we collect from you. When you provide us with personal information, that information may be collected, stored and processed on servers located outside of New Zealand.
- Data Access and Correction: Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold. This can be done by contacting us by email [email protected].
(a) opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or
(b) opt in.