- Types of personal information collected
The personal information we collect will vary depending on your interactions with us and engagement with the Remote Users Scheme. For example, we may collect identification information and contact details (such as your full name and the names of individuals in your household (if applicable to your registration of interest) and your email address) and information relevant to your registration of interest (e.g., physical address and geographical location).
Providing the personal information that we request is not mandatory, but a failure to do so may affect your participation in the Remote Users Scheme.
- Information about other people
- Use of information
We may use your personal information to administer the Remote Users Scheme, including to:
- verify your eligibility and evaluate your registration of interest for the Remote Users Scheme;
- identify areas (including residential addresses and geographical areas) that require broadband coverage;
- to prepare our request for proposals from broadband service providers to provide services in connection with the Remote Users Scheme;
- to enable our selected broadband service providers to provide services to you (in accordance with the Remote Users Scheme);
- to provide you with updates and further information in connection with the Remote Users Scheme; and
- to consider options to respond to your registration of interest (if you are eligible for the Remote Users Scheme).
We may communicate with you by email and other electronic means.
- Information sharing and disclosure
In some contexts, your registration of interest may highlight that you are not aware that broadband coverage is already available for your residential address. If that is the case, and you have expressly authorised us to do so (e.g., with a “tick box” on a form you have completed), we may disclose your personal information to selected broadband service providers to enable them to contact you about broadband services that may be available to you. If you haven’t opted in, and would like to do so, please contact us using the details set out in the Contact Us section below.
- Data storage and security
Personal information is held by us at Level 10, 188 Quay Street, Auckland Central, or by a service provider on our behalf. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions. However, no method is completely secure, and we cannot warrant the security of any information we collect or hold.
- Data access and correction
Under the Privacy Act 2020, you have rights of access to and correction of your personal information. Please contact us using the details set out below. We rely on you to update us if your contact details change.
- Additional rights and obligations
- Contact Us